Cornish fraternal group marches
Twelve area businesses and organizations have purchased historical plaques which include a picture and information about their site. This is the third in a series of articles about the posters.
IRON MOUNTAIN – The Victoria Lodge 262 of the Order of the Sons of St. George, a Cornish fraternal group, marched down East Hughitt Street in formation behind a band in about 1898.
The Swedish Mission Church and the Dr. Joseph Addison Crowell residence on East Ludington Street, and the Nelson P. Hulst School on Madison Avenue with the Fulton School on the left and the Lowell School on the right annexes appear in the background.
Seibert’s Central Drug Store, later Cudlip’s Drug Store, was at the northeast corner on Stephenson Avenue.
Kramer Brothers (Benjamin and Meyer or Myer Kramer), proprietors of the Kentucky Liquor Store on the southeast corner, were “Dealers in wines, liquors and cigars” at this address in 1892-1893.
Purchased through the Main Street Design Committee by Mellon Chiropractic Clinic Inc., this poster is on exhibit at their office at 208 East Hughitt Street.