IMFD responds to calls over weekend

IRON MOUNTAIN – Firefighters from the Iron Mountain Fire Department responded to several calls over the Fourth of July weekend.

On Friday at 12:10 p.m., they were called to Comfort Inn for a fire alarm.

Upon arrival, firefighters found that the alarm activation was caused by water leaking into the detector. The detector was replaced.

Firefighters returned to the station at 12:24 p.m.

On Friday at 3:04 p.m., they were called to 500 Norway Street for a carbon monoxide alarm.

No carbon monoxide was detected, so firefighters replaced the detector’s battery.

They returned to the station at 3:17 p.m.

On Friday beginning at 9 p.m., firefighters stood by for the city fireworks display. They extinguished several small grass fires started by the fireworks.

Firefighters cleared the scene at 11 p.m.

On Sunday at 7:38 p.m., they were called to 700 East D Street for a smoke alarm in a vacant house.

Firefighters detected no smoke or fire, and they believed that the alarm may have been activated by the humidity.

They returned to the station at 7:53 p.m.