Garage fire in Iron Mountain
IRON MOUNTAIN – A garage sustained significant damage in a fire Thursday in Iron Mountain.
The incident occurred at 5:24 p.m. at a residence located at 1012 River Avenue.
Firefighters from the Iron Mountain Fire Department said that someone had been working on a vehicle in the detached garage with a torch when a spark from the torch ignited some flammable liquids.
No one was injured, but the garage sustained about $3,000 worth of damage, said firefighters.
Firefighters returned to the station at 6:03 p.m.