Explosion in Crystal Falls

CRYSTAL FALLS – The Crystal Falls Fire Department responded to a propane explosion at a residence in Crystal Falls Township on Wednesday evening.

Two people at the residence were able to get to safety and no injuries were reported

At 5:30 p.m. the fire department was called to 109 Swan Lake Road. The explosion was triggered when a hot water tank ignited a leak in a propane line from the furnace, firefighters said.

The explosion blew out three windows on the residence and bowed out the front of the structure.

Firefighters returned to the station at about 6:30 p.m.