Several Flivver swimmers aiming for U.P. Finals success
MARQUETTE – Many Kingsford High School swimmers achieved personal bests in a junior varsity meet at Marquette.
This was the final meet before this week’s U.P. Swimming & Diving Finals.
“This meet is designed to let some of the new and up and coming swimmers to have a little bit of time in the spotlight by removing any swimmers who are expected to place in the top 10 at finals,” Kingsford Coach Keith Freeman said. “We also use this meet to help our swimmers get their final seed times and the chance to earn some relay positions.
Freeman expects “some great things from many” of the Flivvers.
“We have been seeing multiple personal bests at every meet all season and I expect to see many more on Saturday,” he said. “Our team has many swimmers in the top heat for U.P’s.
– Seeded third in the 200 medley relay.
– David Plumley and Pavel Hammar seeded third and fourth, respectively, in the 200 IM.
– First year swimmers Daniel Fleming and Matthew Bieti seeded third and sixth, respectively, in the 50 free.
– Tanner Walsh, Leo Stelmaszek and Pavel Hammar seeded fourth, fifth and sixth, respectively, in the 100 butterfly.
– Michael Jamar seeded sixth in the 100 freestyle.
– Tanner Walsh seeded fourth in the 500 freestyle.
– Boys 200 freestyle relay seeded fourth.
– David Plumley and Aaron Pope seeded third and sixth in the 100 breaststroke.
– Boys 400 freestyle relay seeded fifth.
“We have many more that are only a spot or two out of the top six that I truly feel can make their way on to the podium and bring home a finals medal,” Freeman said.
Flivver individual improvements from the jayvee meet follow:
Matthew Bieti – 100 free.
Malia Brooks – 100 IM.
Daniel Fleming – 100 free and 200 free.
Andrea Grosskopf – 50 free.
Lynea Hautamaki – 100 free.
Michael Jamar – 100 free.
Matt Johnson – 50 free and 200 free.
Danielle McConnell – 200 free and 50 breast.
Isaac Pantti – 200 medley relay, 50 back.
Andera Rake – 100 free.
Emma Schoenborn – 100 free.
Barbie Jo Slagle – 100 free.
Kristian Stenvig – 200 medley relay.
Lena Stenvig – 100 free, 200 free and 200 free relay.
Emma Voss – 50 free.
Lacey Walsh – 200 medley relay.
Andrea Wilkey – 200 free