Chimney fire doused in Kingsford

KINGSFORD – Kingsford Public Safety officers discovered a chimney fire while on patrol Saturday night and it was quickly extinguished, the department said.

After the fire was spotted at 8:09 p.m. at 925 Turner Road, two officers responded from the department with the fire engine.

Damage to the home was minimal as a result of the quick response, officers said. Officers cleared the scene at 8:40 p.m.

Kingsford Public Safety reminds residents to check their chimneys and have them properly cleaned.