BREAKING NEWS

BREAKING NEWS

Breitung blaze contained to garage

By NIKKI YOUNK

Staff Writer

BREITUNG TOWNSHIP – No one was injured in a garage fire Wednesday at a residence on Indiana Mine Road in Breitung Township.

Breitung Township Fire Department Chief Jeff Iverson said that the garage is a total loss, but the attached home sustained only minimal smoke damage.

The fire started just before noon.

“Fortunately the residents were there, they called right away,” said Iverson.

Firefighters were able to contain the blaze to the garage.

Iverson said that a tipped over or malfunctioning space heater appeared to be the cause of the fire.

Firefighters remained on scene cleaning up until about 2:30 p.m.

Nikki Younk’s e-mail address is nyounk@ironmountaindailynews.com.