IM firefighters respond to calls
IRON MOUNTAIN – Firefighters from the Iron Mountain Fire Department responded to three calls over the Labor Day weekend.
On Sunday at 10:09 a.m., they were called to 601 Houghteling St. for a report of a smoke alarm going off.
Firefighters determined that the detector was defective.
On Sunday at 5:23 p.m., they were called to 521 East F St. for a burning complaint.
Firefighters said that the residents had a campfire too close to a building, and the smoke from the fire was bothering the neighbors.
In the city of Iron Mountain, campfires must be at least 25 feet away from any structure.
Firefighters asked the residents to put out the fire, and they complied.
While at the East F Street residence, firefighters also found a small gas leak. DTE was contacted to attend to the issue.
On Monday at 6:54 a.m., firefighters were called to 510 Sixth St. for a carbon monoxide alarm.
They did not find any carbon monoxide, but they replaced the battery in the detector.