11th season for the Out to Lunch program begins on Thursday
By LINDA LOBECK
IRON MOUNTAIN – The 11th season for the downtown Out to Lunch program begins on Thursday, June 6, and continues weekly through Aug. 15, according to organizers with the Downtown Development Authority/Main Street.
Out to Lunch is held each Thursday during the 11 week season at the downtown stage in the Magee Johnson and Joan Flood Park, located across from the Dickinson County Library in Iron Mountain.
The program is held from 11:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. each week – rain or shine. Umbrellas are provided for those attending the program, but people are reminded to bring their own lawn chair.
Kicking off the season this year will be local musicians Mark Young and John Richtig singing songs of “The Eagles.” They are sponsored by Blackstone Pizza in Iron Mountain.
The Eagles, a rock band formed in 1971 in Los Angeles, broke up in 1980 and then reunited in 1994. The group, made up of Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner, are now playing concerts all over the country.
“Mark and John will share their voices as we recall memories of ‘Hotel California’ on a summer afternoon,” a spokesperson said.
Food vendors are also a part of the weekly entertainment during Out to Lunch and begin serving at 11:45 a.m. There are also free helium balloons for kids.
“All age groups will enjoy this year’s selections for Out to Lunch,” organizers said. “The program includes jazz, bluegrass, country, a barbershop quartet and more.”
Out to Lunch is hosted by the DDA/Main Street and the Dickinson County Council for the Arts. More information is available on the website at ironmountaindowntown.com/outtolunch.
The schedule for the 11-week season of the Out to Lunch program in downtown Iron Mountain includes:
– June 6 – Mark Young and John Richtig, “Songs of The Eagles,” sponsored by Blackstone Pizza.
– June 13 – Queen of Hearts sponsored by the Iron Mountain-Kingsford Rotary Club.
– June 20 – The Lamplighters, a barbershop quartet, sponsor the Iron Mountain DDA/Main Street and Dickinson Area Partnership.
– June 27 – Windsong sponsored by the First National Bank & Trust Co.
– July 4 – The Steenos sponsored by Appliance & Furniture Mart.
– July 11 – Small Potatoes sponsored by the Iron Mountain Kiwanis.
– July 18 – Dickinson County Community Chorus sponsored by VoiceWorks.
– July 25 – Red Tail Ring, the duo of Laurel Premo and Michael Beauchamp, is sponsored by Northern Michigan Bank & Trust.
– Aug. 1 – The ToneWoods, made up of the duo of Mark Young and Thomas Niebrzydowski, is sponsored by McCash Investment Management.
– Aug. 8 – Phil Lynch Trio, a jazz performance, is sponsored b Hahner Law Office.
– Aug. 15 – Black Pearl is sponsored by Game & Associates.