$300 million improvements set at Marquette General Hospital
By JOHN PEPIN
For The Daily News
MARQUETTE – Marquette General Hospital officials announced a few more details Monday on $300 million to be spent on facilities and equipment over roughly the next decade.
Earlier this month, MGH President Gary Muller said the Duke LifePoint Healthcare design team would be unveiling their first draft master plan for facilities upgrades and construction, which will include a new cancer center, surgery center and office building.
“From there the time frame goes to final design for the next three months,” Muller said.
The project will be bid out in July, a process which will take two months to complete.
“We’re talking fall to break ground,” Muller said.
Hospital officials are planning to have a detailed construction plan announcement in the next couple of months. The upgrades will range from cosmetic facelift to razing some structures and building others.
On Monday, Muller said timetables, specific costs and many additional details were still being determined, however, some additional specifics were announced to the Marquette City Commission Monday.